I'm Back - Calling All Curly girls!






Hey Everyone! I am back with a hair tutorial.

For the last month or so I have been diligently working on my naturally curly hair.  Let me tell you - patience is one of the most important parts - along with good product and techniques of course.

Ok so how do you know if you have curly or wavy hair. One thing you can do is let your hair air dry. What is it doing? Is there a bend in the hair? Does it dry frizzy or poofy? You may even notice different curl or wave patterns throughout your hair. 

My hair had all the factors!
 First thing I did was figure out what my hair needed or what my concerns were that needed to be addressed. Was it dry? Was it limp? Did I need Hydration?

So I knew that I wanted to tackle the frizz -  I started in the shower with my shampoo and conditioner. I am currently using a smoothing shampoo & smoothing deep conditioner. I also use a clarifying shampoo & scalp scrub once in a while to deep clean my hair and scalp.
Next I wanted to tackle the dryness. I highly recommend using a hair masque once a week to really give your hair a boost in what its lacking (hydration, moisture, protein etc.)

Once your hair is washed, before you start styling you will need a leave in product. A leave in conditioner or a leave in bond support are best. This is going help keep your curls/ waves healthy, strong & hydrated!

Now we can bring the stylers. Everyone has different techniques when it comes to applying, so this my take some time figure out what's best for you. 
This is my routine:
 I gently detangle my hair after applying the leave in conditioner or bond support leave in. This is going to give the slip and make detangling so much easier. 
Once my hair is detangled I go in with my mousse - your girl loves some good volume! I focus mostly on my roots but rake it through to the ends of my hair with whatever is left over on my hands. 

Now I'm looking to define and create clumps for my curls to start forming. Starting off with the bottom section of my hair I rake in my curl defining cream & flexible gel. Now with a brush, you are going to brush through small sections using a C motion with some tension. This is going to smooth out curls creating some nice clumps. Last step take a little more gel and scrunch into those newly formed curls.  See Hair Tutorial

Once you have done these steps throughout your entire head, use an old t-shirt or a microfiber towel to scrunch out some of the water in your hair. Grab your diffuser & start drying! ( video coming soon)
Once your hair is completely dry, you should have a nice cast on your curls from the gel - let your hair sit for about 10 mins this way to really set those curls. 
After your hair is set grab your favourite hair oil & your micro fiber towel again & gently start to scrunch that cast out! 

You will be left with nice voluminous curly/wavy locks! 

Check these out! 

Xo Your Hair Girl Val

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must- have hair products for the summertime

Importance of Heat Protection with Hot Tools

Why I Decided To Start My Shampoo Buisness